The Write Life | Karin Tabke: National Bestselling Author of Sensual Romance
The Write Life | Karin Tabke: National Bestselling Author of Sensual Romance

Blame It On Beckham!
April 25th, 2012

Two things happened recently that prompted this blog topic.  The first was a candid dinner table conversation last week between my eldest son who is 26 and his gf who is the same age.  The conversation originated because they’re both supremely jealous.  My son has a colorful love life history, and his gf has some issues with them constantly bumping into one of his ex’s.  I get it but like I told her, you can’t change his past, move forward.  Well, apparently my son has the same problem when it comes to her past, so, in that respect they feed off each other’s insecurities.  It’s the only issue they have but a big one, so color me shocked when my son said, “I’d give Bri a pass on David Beckham.”

I choked on my food and his gf about fell off her chair.  “What?” we both shrieked.  “Are you serious?”

My son nodded and said, “Only Beckham.”  He looks pointedly at his gf and said, “And only one time.”   The reasoning behind his thinking was that because David Beckham is so hot, even guys apparently recognize this, they would forgive any woman for sleeping with him (as if sleeping is what would happen!).

Fast forward today.  As I’m checking in on fb this a.m. what do my tired eyes behold?  A lovely picture on my friend Jen Lyons wall of, you guessed it, David Beckham.  This blog topic was meant to be.  I strolled downstairs and asked recovering hubby who his one-time pass would be.

He got all indignant and said, “You’re asking me who I would give you permission to f*ck?”

“No! Who would your one time pass be?  And it has to be a celebrity. No one we know personally, and it has to be current, not Sophia Loren forty years ago (it has long been established that my husband has had and still does have a serious crush on Ms Loren.).

He grinned sheepishly and said, “I have to think about that.”  Then he narrowed his eyes at me and said, “Who would you pick?”

I grinned sheepishly and said, “I’d have to think about it too, but David Beckham does come to mind.”

As I started up the stairway back to my office, hubby yelled up, “The other Sophia!”

“Vargas?”

“Yes.”

“Both Sophia’s have big boobs!” I accused coming back down the stairs.

He came back around and looked up to me and said, “It’s more than boobs, Karin. They’re both brunettes with dark eyes, full lips, nice curves and sexy as hell.”  He cocked an eyebrow and waited for it to dawn on me.

“Oh,” I said. Then smiled.  “But I don’t have an accent.”

“You don’t need one.”  Aw, he’s so sweet.

I floated back upstairs and started writing this blog.

So you know what I’m going to ask:  Who would you pick for your one time pass?  And don’t say, “Oh, I’m so happy and content, I would never ever even think about such a thing!”

Pulleez, this is for fun, not for realz.

13 comments to “Blame It On Beckham!”

1. Gail Nichols
    · April 25th, 2012 at 12:28 pm · Link

Believe it or not I just asked my husband this question. I would give him a pass on Meg Ryan. She has been his “dream Girl” since I have known him(28 years) I want him to have his fantasy because I love him:) and I showed him the picture of your inspiration for Rafa–I fell in love and he said if I could find him he would give me a pass cause he wants me to have my fantasy too:)

• Karin Tabke
      1.1
      · April 25th, 2012 at 2:17 pm · Link

Gail, that Rafa pic most def would be in my top five!

2. Phyllis Marshall
    · April 25th, 2012 at 12:31 pm · Link

I love it! Especially the part where you choked on your food in response to your son’s statement. I’d have to say that my one time pass would be Kristen Holden-Reid from Lost Girl.

• Karin Tabke
      2.1
      · April 25th, 2012 at 2:19 pm · Link

Phyllis I had to Google Image him. Niiiice.

3. FranJessca Papillion
    · April 25th, 2012 at 12:39 pm · Link

My one time pass for hubby could be Jessica Alba. And he said mine could be – David Gandy (since he knows no idea who he is…LOL). He also realizes that I’m obsessed with him.

• Karin Tabke
      3.1
      · April 25th, 2012 at 2:20 pm · Link

Oh, yes, FranJessca!

4. Alina D
    · April 25th, 2012 at 1:06 pm · Link

This totally remindse of that Friends episode where Ross and Rachel have their list of 5 famous people they could cheat with if they ever had the chance. My hubby and I have joked about it since we saw that episode. My top two would be Robert Pattinson(so sexy) and Channing Tatum. My hubby’s top two would be Natalie Portman and Anne Hathaway. Fun topic!

• Karin Tabke
      4.1
      · April 25th, 2012 at 2:20 pm · Link

thumbs up to both of your picks, Alina!

5. Kimberly Rocha
    · April 25th, 2012 at 4:28 pm · Link

My DH is Portuguese… We used to watch a lot of Spanish soaps back in the day… His free pass is Soap Star and singer Lucero…….

Mine is David Gandy… even if he said NO
    HUGS

• Karin Tabke
      5.1
      · April 25th, 2012 at 9:20 pm · Link

David Gandy is hotness!

6. Basia Rose
    · April 26th, 2012 at 3:23 am · Link

Hmm. Celebrities. When I can come up with one who doesn’t have a string of sex scandals, drug scandals and Botox treatments in their history I’ll get back to you on that!

I don’t see the attraction with David Beckham – no doubt a lot of my repulsion comes from his ridiculous wife!
    But I have met him in real life, and – yeah – dopey accent and dopey fashion-sense, and I wasn’t feeling it!

(I sound slightly negative today, methinks!)

7. B.E Sanderson
    · April 26th, 2012 at 3:34 am · Link

I could say ‘I’m totally into my husband, so no one’ but then Jen might stop by and call me a liar. She knows I could never refuse Hugh Jackman. Okay, and maybe Russell Crowe.

8. Leigh Morgan
    · May 7th, 2012 at 2:45 pm · Link

I’d be given a pass for Gerard Butler or for Jason Statham. Not sure I’d take it, but I’d be sorely tempted! Great blog.

Current &
Coming
Releases
The Write Life | Karin Tabke is proudly powered by WordPress
Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS)

All content is Copyright © 2006-2014 by Karin Tabke. All rights reserved. Excerpts reprinted with permission.